College is more than just another step after high school for you. It's a new world that opens up many life choices. You must plan everything and not just skate through it.
1. Make a long list of things to pack for college. It is better to go school prepared instead of having to ask Mom and Dad for things you need every week. This is really true if home is far from home.
2. Study skills courses can be a lifesaver for those struggling with college. College is different from high school and require a transition. A study skills class will teach you succeed in college classes.
3. Spend some time you can studying every day. The more you spend applying yourself to your education, the more you can get from it. Doing great in college will ensure that you make more money and a better job.
4. Even the seat you choose can have an affect on how well you are in a class. You are more likely to stay engaged and ask the professor questions easily.
5. Always prepare your testing materials when taking exams.The instructor does not always have extra supplies, so you have to bring everything with you.
6. Speak with an admissions director to make sure that they offer the necessary courses are available.
7. Take detailed notes in college for studying purposes. Taking notes is a great way to keep information in your brain. You will be more likely to recall the material that much easier.
8. Don't rely on your reputation from high school reputation. Most of the people you come in contact with will not be impressed by your accolades from high school.
9. Stay away from processed food and snacks that are high in sugar content. Avoid eating too much protein diet as this is unbalanced and may cause health problems for you.
10. You should always purchase used books to save money.The cost of textbooks can be very costly. If you're paying a lot for college already, you're probably wishing to save a few dollars. (SOURCE: Article Alley)
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get articles and tips about your personal interests in your own inbox every week.SUBSCRIBE