“Express your deepest desires and wants - you never know who may hold an open opportunity to them,” says the successful businesswoman.
BY: JACQUELINE CAMACHO-RUIZ
Denise W. Barreto is a successful entrepreneur, author of the books, national speaker and is a member of the board of trustees of the Village of Lake in the Hills and was appointed by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn to the Illinois Business Entreprise Program Council.
- What is your passion?
- Growth. If I could convince everyone that you are not “stuck” unless you allow yourself to be, I’d be so very happy. Getting people from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset is my part of my life’s work.
- Who is the person that has inspired you the most and why?
- My mom, probably a mythical point of view as she died when I was just 4 years old. She was young (24 years old) when she died and missed out on a ton of life and life experiences. I feel and own the pressure to live well in her memory - for her. She came from poor, humble and traumatic beginnings and wanted a better life for herself and her kids. Her death is the single most impactful thing in my life and I’m certain her absence is as strong an influence on me as if she had been alive.
- What is the most significant advice that you have given?
- Express your deepest desires and wants - you never know who may hold an open opportunity to them.
- What keeps you up at night?
- What’s next? I am always pushing for the next big thing - vacation, growth opportunity personally or within my business.
- What is the best advice that you would give to a young Latina?
- Accept yourself the way you are. Love yourself the way you are. Don’t look for something outside that you have inside of you; the mission is to find it and make it grow.
- One thing I know for sure…
- The day I accepted myself fully, my courageous spirit, intelligence, unique beauty and my body the way God made me, was the day I came to life and I was blessed it happened in my 20s.
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get articles and tips about your personal interests in your own inbox every week.SUBSCRIBE